Monday, November 1, 2010

Manhattan Challenge - Marseille

I went for a Brunch at the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood, since I wasn't in the mood to go further to Meatpacking or Soho. I remembered a very nice place at the corner of 44th and 9th, a bistro type.


This region is really good for restaurants, nice and affordable.

The place is called Marseille. When I arrived the lady at the front told me they were already closed (they closed at 3pm and it was 3:15pm).

So I questioned her if the bar was open. It was a perfect occasion for a Manhattan. She told me yes, and there I went.

I order to Melissa a straight up Manhattan, as usual. She (like it happen at Piano Due) asked me what kind of whisky I would like. I ordered a Canadian (like Piano Duo). She made it with Royal Crown.


The Manhattan was really good, but not dry as I like it. The sweet taste got stronger from the middle to the end, but not even close of what I tasted at Piano Due. The drink was really enjoyable from the beginning to the end. The problem was she didn’t “chilled” the glass (for those who are not usual to it, before serving a cold drink, the bartender shall keep ice inside the glass, to chill it out).

End of history: no food, but a 8.5 Manhattan. Maybe next time I go just for the food.

1 comment:

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.