Monday, November 1, 2010

Manhattan - HK Restaurant.. and that is a Fault!

Against the common sense I went to the Hell's Kitchen Restaurant for a Manhattan. I am saying that because during the weekends they have a fix price for Mimosas, Belinis and Sparkling Wine (as mentioned in the post about the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market).

The place is really nice. The first floor remembers a restaurant in Sao Paulo called Spot (which I think it was inspired by HK but I am not sure of that).

During the summer days they literally open the walls so you almost get into the street (which is closed for the Flea Market). The second floor is a very interest roof top, perfect for warm weather days as well.

Now about the Manhattan, I seat at the Bar and asked Ina (which was using a costume, due to Halloween weekend) for a "straight up Manhattan". The first time she didn't understand. So I repeat: "straight up Manhattan". Oh a "manharan"..  she said.. and so I complement it.. "yes, straight up please".

Suddenly she appeared with a Manhattan on the rocks(!)(!)(!)... What the hell?!?!
Manhattan on the Rocks!
Not the right one!

Since this is a challenge, I didn't complained, I just drunk it. She used Jack Daniel's on it...

The good thing about that was I really noticed that the liquor can really alter the taste of it. The Jack gave a more strong flavor. At the end, it wasn't a bad Manhattan.. but it was just the wrong one!!


That said: 4.00 for HK's Manhattan.

Ina, this isn't the right way to do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.