Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why Spend More? II - 2 Bros Pizza

Continuing the review I initiated in the last post (Why Spend More?), this pizza place is located at the corner of 40th Street and 9th Avenue and its called “2 Bros. Pizza”. They have another branch really closed to this one at 38th Street and 8th Avenue..

The place is larger than $.99 Fresh Pizza. Here you can “enter into” the place, you can seat if you want, or just eat standing in one of the standing tables. One more time, it is not a wood burning brick oven, but I was not expecting that anyway.

Regarding the pizza, before get into the oven they stay at the balcony, close to the people. Not that I am a guy who thinks about health concerns, but for sure I prefer the way .99 Fresh Pizza does it. And after they are ready they stayed over the oven, I don't know why, maybe to cool it down?!


My Mushroom Pizza. As you can see, not so fresh.



But, whatever, I went for the pizza, so I ordered one. A mushroom pizza. The slice was the same price as .99, $1.50. If you go for cheese than you gonna pay a buck. The slice didn’t came so fresh. It appeared the pizza was hanging there for at least 10 to 20 minutes. Not cold, but not fresh. A disappointment in comparison with .99.








So, the final thought. If you are there, move your legs 100 meters northwest and go for .99 Fresh Pizza, it will worth. Trust me.




2 comments:

  1. Here in Italy, the students' restaurant costs EUR 2,50/meal. You can have a "primo piatto" where you can choose between three options of pasta, a "secondo", some kind of meat (beef, chicken or rabbit, normally) and a "contorno", which can be salad, potatos or some kind of cooked vegetables.

    Water is for free, also.

    As you can imagine, it is very hard to find good quality food for a similar price, but I am trying!

    Keep going with the posts, they are funny and interesting.

    Oh, and you decide to go to Europe, feel free to stay here in Torino!
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EUR2.5??? And I thought that I was with a good deal at my office paying between U$8 to U$10!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.