Monday, December 6, 2010

Blue Bar at Algoquin - Manhattan Experience

After I made my list with the 15 best cocktail bars in NYC, I went to Blue Bar. The Bar is just on the side of Algoquin Hotel. The public average age is around 45-50 years old. Unless you are on that middle range, I wouldn't recommend you to go.



The place is very pricy as well, the Manhattan I ordered was almost $30(!). The bartender (Christain) told me I would experience the best Manhattan ever, and I could stopping my research.

He said he doesn't use cherry, and he made me a very strong, dry Manhattan, which appear to me, that he not leave the cherry out, but the vermouth as well. The taste of the rye whisky was the only thing I was able to find out. Very far way I could smell the bitter. But the drink was far beyond to be the best Manhattan. Perhaps, because of lack of cherry, the drink didn't get sweet, and kept its consistency all long the way, but it paid a price for that.

Still I wasn't able to figure out if the bartender didn't use the cherry because he don't like it (as he told me) or because he ran out of it. What a mystery!

For all of that, I give him an 7 and 3/4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.