Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Puck Fair - Manhattan Challenge

Great News.. I went to the Puck Fair (http://www.puckfairbar.com/) and rediscovered the Manhattan after a few bad choices.

Almost a perfect Manhattan
The bar is located in Soho/Nolita, 298 Lafayette Street. It is not the best place to go with lots of people. They have some places for parties of 6 or 7 people, but I wouldn't recommend. The place is too narrow and can be very crowded. It looks like they have a room downstairs, but I haven't checked that.

Rebecca, the bartender, let me choose the whisky, which I went for a rye. I also ordered half of dozen of oysters, which were ok.

After some minutes, she surprised me with a dry, but soft and tasty Manhattan. A big 9!! for her. A classic recipe, and not too strong. I almost gave her a 9.5, but it was still missing something (perhaps I will never know.. hehe), maybe got a little bit too soft for me from the middle to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.