Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A good time at Pastis - The Manhattan Experience

I went to Pastis two Sundays ago for a Manhattan. Pastis is a nice French bistro located in the corner of 9th Ave and Little W 12 St, and it is from the same owners of Balthazar.

I went for the bar and asked for a Manhattan. The waiter (Jimmy) with no snobness create a better Manhattan than his 'friend' from the Blue Bar. A really straight forward Manhattan, not too sweet. Still I would like it a little bit more dryer. However, it was a good Manhattan.

Suddenly, the other bartender (Jeremy) ask him which whisky he used, and Jimmy answered back "rye whisky" as the client asked me.

Then they started to discuss the Manhattan and they I thought to myself - they really are bartenders!!
Just after that, Jeremy came to me with another Manhattan, made by him, with a special vermouth. A really special, spicy Manhattan. Dryer than the one made by Jimmy, and almost perfect (will I once find the perfect one?). He used Makers Mark (bourbon) instead of rye whisky.

Final grades: Pastis - 9 (claps...claps..)
Jimmy - 9
Jeremy - 9.25

Perfect Color and Excellent Taste Manhattans at Pastis!
p.s. - with all the discussion about the Manhattans, I forgot to take the picture of Jeremy’s Manhattan.. I am really sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.