Friday, October 29, 2010

Manhattan - Piano Due

Piano Due is a bar/restaurant in Midtown. I never been to the restaurant, I always restrained myself to the bar, which occupies all the entrance of the place. The bar (surrounded by a balcony) stays in the middle. It is really a nice place for a happy hour.






With my Manhattan Challenge in mind, I sat at the bar and order to Jessy a straight up Manhattan.  Surprisingly, she asked me what kind of whisky I would like on that. First, I told her to choose, than (perhaps not wisely, since it is better to have the barman (in this case barwoman) the burden) I changed my mind and asked for a Canadian whisky (as the IAB recipe states). She promptly agreed and made the cocktail just in front of me, which is really great.

Now the cons: no bitter – this made the Manhattan very sweet. The dryness totally disappeared from it. After drinking almost half of it, I notice that the lack of angostura spoiled the entire drink.

She also dropped 3 cherries on it. A good think perhaps, but under the situation, just made it sweeter.

Final Grade: 7.00. And let’s move to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your message. You are free to express yourself. No spams will be allowed.